Saturday, February 18, 2006

Linux related blogs i follow...

First, I keep track of blogs using the sage rss reader extension for firefox..the only qualm i have about sage is that there is no option to make it check all the feeds once in a given time interval and notify me when a certain blog is updated by, say, flashing up an icon the status bar...I dont want to install a separate rss reader for this purpose..so if someone knows any better extension that does the above thing apart from what it is expected to, do let me know..

Now, the blogs that are there in my list are..



These are the ones i look upto for news and tips. And apart from these, there are many sites that i stumble upon (in both the literal and other sense). I started off my linux life with the linux newbie administration guide..I still consider it as a very good place to refer to in case of any doubts, trivial or otherwise..You can get a free copy here. I also have a few ebooks about different topics in linux too that i have found on the hostel LAN here. I would be more than willing to share them if you do need them.

Here are a few other sites that i visit often..

  1. LQ-The best Linux forum i have seen

  2. TuxMe-a new site that i found very good

  3. Good blog but poor patronage



This list is in no way exhaustive. I would most probably have missed out one or two links that i do follow. Will add them if and when i remember. If you know of any other good sites, please do let me know :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Hari Sundararajan said...

There is an online feed reader called Bloglines. Since it is online, you can access it from any computer.

Also, it allows for public usage. For example, here is a list of feeds that I try and follow:
http://www.bloglines.com/public/harisund

It has something called a notifier that you can download and run (no need to install, but it is an .exe Windows binary :(

9:43 AM  
Blogger Ganesh said...

I did visit your bloglines page today..but a rss feed reader i feel is a lot better than going to a separate website for that..

10:29 AM  
Blogger Hari Sundararajan said...

Hmm.. in a way yes..

So, could you find any such program?

I personally prefer a web page, since even though we do carry laptops, we often move between different computers, such as either at the computer labs in our library, the machine at my work place, the machines at the electrical engineering department and so on..

5:30 PM  
Blogger Ganesh said...

ok i get your situation..its quite differenet from mine..i have my computer in my hostel room which is the only place from i access the net...so sage works good enough for me...only the notify feature is missing.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home